Party prep: flattering make up
You have found the perfect dress, the most fabulous pair of shoes and some dazzling jewelry to finish it off. But probably just as important is your make-up! To give you some inspiration, check out the 10 looks below.
1. For the ones who don’t like a heavy look, a hint of color can do really well too. Choose a soft but cheerful color lipstick, like pink or orange, some mascara and a subtle blush on the cheeks and you’re ready!
2. Wanna try something more extreme? Wear bright eye shadow. Like red, blue, yellow, green or mixed all together. Because of the intensity of the colors it’s better to keep the lips nude, which will make your eyes come out even better.
3. Not overdone and always very elegant: graphic eyeliner. Keep it the classic way by wearing it just above the eyelashes or create a fine dark line high above the eye lit for a more graphic look.
4. Always popular: Smokey eyes. Our new favorite: a silver metallic smokey eye.
5. Seen on almost every catwalk this season: bronzer eye shadow. This shiny, warm color is perfect to create an innocent but sexy glance.
6. Never goes out of style: red lipstick. From sweet to dark vamp. Let the lips do the talking.
7. Subtle yet playful and sexy: sparkling lipgloss. Always good for a festive look.
8. When you’re not afraid to go on the theatrical tour, the butterfly eyelashes from Yohji Yamamoto are a real eye catcher. Attention guaranteed!
9. Mix and match. Combining a dark color with some shimmer can result in a very arousing look. Like this heavy smokey eye mixed with a touch of gold.
10. Often told when it comes to the ultimate beauty rules: do not emphasize eyes and lips at the same time. It’s one or the other. But going just the opposite direction can be very interesting though…