Topmodel of the Week: Abbey Lee Kershaw
This topmodel from down under is unstoppable. She walks in all the big fashion shows, was a Victoria’s Secret angel twice, was a model for the famous Pirelli calender and did a tv commercial for Gucci. You might wanna read more about this Australian beauty…
Name: Abbey Lee Kershaw
Date of Birth: June 12, 1987
Place of Birth: Melbourne, Australia
Discovered: While she was on the beach with her grandma in Australia. After that she took part in a modelling competition and won.
Runway debut: Milan, Gucci. She was booked exclusively for Gucci.
City: New York
Fashion shows: almost any fashion brand; one season Abbey walked in 84 shows.
She was a Victoria’s Secret angel for two years (2008 & 2009).
Last season (fall/winter 2010/2011) she opened the shows of Chanel, Michael Kors, Isaac Mizrahi, Issa, John Rocha and Pucci.
Covers: Australian Vogue, Japanese Vogue, V, Dazed & Confused, Muse, Numéro. In 2008 Style.com named her one of the top ten newcomers.
Abbey Lee is ranked 8th on the Top 50 Models Women list by models.com.
Ad campaigns: Gucci, D&G, CK Jeans, H&M, Levi’s, Lord & Taylor, See by Chloé, Guilty Brotherhood, Express Jeans and Pirelli Calender 2010.
TV Commercials: Gucci fragrance Flora
Agencies: Next Management (London, New York, Paris), Chic Management (Sydney), 2pm Model Management (Copenhagen)
- ‘I like my hands. They do most of the talking.’
- ‘Let’s just say, if I weren’t a model, I’d be a walking collage. I see my body as a blank canvas that’s aching to be decorated; I find it all very fascinating.’
- ‘TV will never be something I commit to.’
- ‘I didn’t even know modelling existed as a job’
- ‘In New York you have to be very ambitious to stay ahead of everyone, otherwise you get lost in the crowd.’
- Abbey Lee worked in the bakery section at Newmarket Safeway before.
- She has a pierced nose and a pierced nipple.
- During Paris Fashion Week Abbey Lee fainted at the Alexander McQueen runway right before she was to exit the runway.
- She is currently seeing Puerto Rican fashion director, producer, and runway coach Daniel E. Rivera.
- She fell at a spring Rodarte show in New York (2008)
- She had to skip a whole fashion season due to a knee injury.
- She smokes.
- She said no when Alexander McQueen asked her to walk in the spring/summer show in the crazy Armadillo shoes