Topmodel of the Week: Sasha Pivovarova
Most people know this girl from Prada. She was the face of the brand for three years in a row. Yet this Russian beauty does so much more….
Name: Sasha Pivovarova
Date of Birth: 21 January, 1985
Place of Birth: Moscow, Russia
Discovered: Her friend, photographer Igor Vishnyakov took her picture in 2005 and sent it to IMG modelling agency. She was studying art history back then.
Runway debut: Prada, the brand immediately signed an exclusive three-year contract with Sasha.
Fashion shows: Chanel, Jean Paul Gaultier, Pringle of Scotland, Rag & Bone, Rodarte, Max Mara, PHI, Christian Dior (couture), Elie Saab(couture), Valentino (couture).She opened last season’s (fall/winter 2010/2011)shows for: Jean Paul Gaultier
Covers: American Vogue, Greek Vogue, Russian Vogue, British Vogue and Australian Vogue.In May 2007 Vogue named her as one of the new ‘supermodels’ together with models like Doutzen Kroes, Jessica Stam and Chanel Iman. As one of the favorite models of Steven Meisel, she appeared on the cover of the Italian Vogue five times.
In 2009 Pivovarova was ranked second on the Models.com top 50, together with Natasha Poly.
Vogue declared her one of the top 30 models of the 2000s.
She won the Best International Model award in Shanghai in 2006
Ad campaigns: Pirelli 2008, Armani, Longchamp, Chanel, H&M, Mulberry
Agencies: IMG models (NY), Unique (Denmark), Donna Models (Tokyo)
- ‘I was on board of 148 airline flights in 2008!’
- ’I’m not a person who likes waking up early’
- Sasha loves to paint and draw.
- Her paintings have been published in French Vogue.
- She uses anything as a canvas hotel papers, casting and itinerary papers.
- She is working with Miuccia Prada to produce a book of her own artwork.
- She is also illustrating a book for Karl Lagerfeld based on Russian fairy tales.
- She is married to long-time friend and photographer Igor Vishnyakov.
- She practices Kung Fu.
- She recreated her wedding for a Vogue spread
- She has a very strong Russian accent