Topmodel of the week: Freja Beha Erichsen
If you’re a fashion fan you must have heard about Freja Beha Erichson. This week we’ll tell you all about this Danish supermodel.
Name: Freja Beha Erichsen
Date of Birth: October 18, 1987
Place of Birth: Roskilde, Denmark
Discovered: Discovered on the streets in Denmark by a modelling agent passing by in a taxi. She was still in high school by that time.
Runway debut: Freja made her debut as a model in 2005 at the fall Paris and Milan shows of Prada, Louis Vuitton and Miu Miu. She even had the honour to open those shows.
City: Freja now lives in New York , she has her own apartment which she renovated herself.
Fashion shows: Freja has been walking shows in New York, London, Milan and Paris.
She has walked in shows for Roberto Cavalli, Balenciaga, Burberry, Chanel, Chloe, Dolce & Gabbana, Etro, Fendi, Gianfranco Ferre, Alberta Ferretti, Gucci, Hermes, Marc Jacobs, Max Mara, Karl Lagerfeld, Yves Saint Laurent, Isabel Marant, Marni, Sonia Rykiel, Stella McCartney, Miu Miu, Pucci, Jil Sander, Valentino and Versace.
Last season (fall/winter 2010/2011) she opened the shows of Isabel Marant, Gucci and Max Mara,
Covers: Freja has appeared on many cover of prestigious fashion magazines. We saw her on Vogue (US, Paris, British, Russia, China, Nippon) and on Harper’s Bazaar, Interview Magazine, and Numero.
- She won the Best Danish Model award at Dansk Fashion Awards in Copenhagen
- She was ranked 3rd on the Top 50 Models Women List by models.com
- Vogue Paris declared her one of the top 30 models of the 2000s.
Ad campaigns: Just like Natasha Poly Freja Beha is one of the faces of the fragrance Gucci by Gucci. She was the face of a Calvin Klein fragrance called IN2U too. We saw her in ads for H&M, Vov and Chloe. She also appears to be one of Karl Lagerfeld’s favorite models and therefore has had a special role during the Chanel fashion shows and can be seen in the Chanel ad campaigns.
TV Commercials: Gucci by Gucci fragrance (2007), IN2U by Calvin Klein (2007).
Agencies: IMG (London, Milan, New York, Paris), Dominique Models (Brussels), Unique Models (Denmark)
- ‘Sneakers are my favorite pair of shoes, they’re so comfortable.’
- ‘I love all kinds of food and I usually eat four to five times each day. I love to taste different sorts of food when I travel, but my mother’s food is the best’
- Remarkably several designers named one of their designs after Freja Beha. There is a Jill Stuart Freja Handbag, a Chloe Freja clutch and a Alexander Wang Lace-up stiletto boot.
- Freja has sixteen tattoos, but she says they don’t affect her work because they’re easily concealed.
- Freja enjoys listening to music of PJ Harvey, the Danish group Kira and the Kindred Spirits, Janis Joplin and Jeff Buckley.
- Freja has brown hair. It was long before, but after she established herself as a model, she cut it off.
- Freja has a really low voice.
- People say Freja is gay, but she never fully admitted that.
- Freja wanted to become a rock star (singer) before.
- Freja doesn’t do more than three fashion shows a day any more.
- Freja’s clothing style (off-duty) is very basic and even a little boyish.
- Her favorite brand is: Rag & Bone (to work for in NY), Acne (to wear herself).