Topmodel of the Week: Lily Cole
This red-haired beauty is not only a great model, she does some acting too and is even still studying at Cambridge University. Though she’s slowing down on the modelling she’s still making the headlines. Like last week when Glamour reported on her finishing her exams and other media spoke of her participation in a search for a new topmodel. Read here why Lily Cole is different from other models…
Name: Lily Cole
Date of Birth: May 19, 1988
Place of Birth: Torquay, England
Discovered: by actor Benjamin Hart at the age of fourteen
Breakthrough: 2003, when Steven Meisel took her picture for Vogue.
Runway debut: Anna Sui
Agencies: d’management (Milan), Marilyn Agency (Paris), Storm (London)
Fashion shows: DKNY, Jean Paul Gaultier, Versace, Alexander McQueen, John Galliano, Louis Vuitton and Hermès.
Last season she opened the fashion show of Hermès
Covers: Playboy, Numero, Vogue
Lily was the youngest model to appear on the cover of the British Vogue at the age of 16.
Ad campaigns: Chanel, Christian Lacroix, Hermès, Cacharel, Accessorize, Rimmel, Prada, Moschino, Tiffany & Co and Longchamp
TV Commercials: Rimmel London make-up
- ‘I’m compared to a doll a lot’
- ‘I’m a student and a model; I get the best of both worlds’
- ‘It’s much nicer to watch a fashion show than to walk in one’
- Lily is still studying history at Cambridge University
- She was named Model of the Year at the 2004 British Fashion Awards
- She appeared in a video clip of the Sugababes
- Together with Storm Model Management she is now scouting some New Faces.
- Lily Cole is an actress too, she played in movies like St Trinian’s and The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (with Heath Ledger).